I have officially fallen off the face of the Earth. At least the world that is blogland – where the heck have I been? It’s been almost a week since my last post, which is downright unheard of around these parts. Alas, life has gotten in the way. I knew October would be our busy month (traveling or hosting guests every weekend, as well as celebrating our 2 year anniversary) but I didn’t think the blog would suffer as much. So, to make up for my absence, I’ve decided to take my part in the Honest Scrap “tell all” that has been bestowed on me from a fellow blogger, a la Freckles Chick. Get ready for a face full of honest crap scrap that is moi, the author of this artful abode.
* Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
* Share “10 Honest Things” about myself.
* Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have inspired me.
* Tell those 7 people they’ve been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.
1. What I lack in chin, I make up for in big toe length. Painting a pretty picture of myself, aren’t I?
2. I love self-deprecating humor (see above). Making a joke about myself just makes me feel right for some reason. And, I mercifully make fun of the ones I love. If I constantly rag on you during any misspoken moment, I love you to bits. If you’re getting by without my wrath, well, you need to work your way up in the ranks. :)
3. This commercial makes me super happy inside. Everything about it – the concept, the music selection, the fact that it has a loveable dog – I just can’t get enough of it. It makes me weepy and giddy all at once – love it!
4. I am a stutterer. Not so much that most people I know even notice, but enough to bother me to no end. I can’t count the number of times someone has questioned my intelligence or even my sanity because of my inability to fluently pronounce a word. Over 3 million Americans stutter, along with some famous peeps, so I consider it an interesting personality anecdote. :)
5. I love my dog, which is no surprise to you lovely readers. I don’t love him in an inappropriate, treat-him-like-a-human kinda way, but like a real family member. Becoming a mother may be one of my biggest fears, but the fact that I’ve kept this little pup alive gives me a little glimmer of hope. And who wouldn’t love that face?!
6. I never in a thousand years thought I would be a designer. I always enjoyed crafts and such, but I was a big time math and science geek. I actually enjoyed calculus class, for goodness sake. That’s until I took a drafting class my junior year of high school and fell in love with drafting. I’ve even won an award for my impeccable drafting skills (shared too much? you betcha). That love of drafting, my history of drawing floorplans in sidewalk chalk as a little girl, and the yearn the do something different from my doctor filled family led me to design.
7. I’m afraid of bees and frogs. There, I said it. You are now allowed to laugh.
8. I’m a worrier to the nth degree. Every time my husband flies somewhere or a friend is driving to see me, I’m on pins and needles. It’s obnoxious.
9. I have a great uncle that holds the world record for sailing across the Atlantic ocean in the smallest boat. Hey, it’s not exactly about me, but it’s pretty freaking interesting. And a little bit crazy. Which leads back to me – a little bit crazy.
10. I recently developed an allergy to my wedding rings, after wearing them for almost 2 years. I immediately thought, “is this a sign?”
Now that you’ve had to suffer through a plethora of Audrey facts, take a minute to check out these other lovely blogs I’m passing the proverbial torch to. Each of them are great reads and deserve a quick look if you’ve never visited them before. Enjoy!